[NTLK] End of year reflections

Lord Groundhog lordgroundhog at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 18:59:56 EST 2012

~~~ On 2012/12/31 21:47, James Fraser at
wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk at yahoo.com wrote ~~~

> Hello,
>
> --- On Mon, 12/31/12, Lord Groundhog <lordgroundhog at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> This 1997 September 9 letter by Steve Jobs, courtesy of Ian Betteridge¹s
>> recent tweet, set me wondering (again) about the real
>> process leading to the death of the Newton and eMate:
>>
>>> bit.ly/12Q92B5
>
> Can you please post a link to the original Twitter conversation the reference
> appeared in so that those who are curious can get a better idea of the context
> in which that letter was mentioned?
>
> I did try poring over all the conversations on Ian Betteridge's Twitter page:
>
> https://twitter.com/ianbetteridge
>
> ...for the past 22 hours, but was not able to find it.  Unless, of course,
> I've got the wrong Ian Betteridge*. :-[

I know he's @ianbetteridge, but I just pulled out that one tweet, which was
retweeted (I think) by NewtonTalk.  I'll have to do some serious research
when I'm not doing serious celebration of 2013.   It's just turning midnight
here...   ;-)

HAPPY NEWT YEAR TO EVERYONE (with a nod to Woo Lee)!  May your lum reek and
your Newton glow!

PS - apparently we're supposed to have another end of the world NOW, but
somehow I doubt it.

Shalom,

Christian

~~~ ~~~ ~~~