[NTLK] OT: Re: 20 MB memory cards FAQ

joe kallo quietglow at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 11:31:46 EST 2012

The Chicago Handbook of Style says they are both correct (i.e. Jones' and
Jones's):

http://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/qanda/data/faq/topics/PossessivesandAttributives.html?old=PossessivesandAttributives01.html

I had a thesis director who is now in his 80's who used to scream every
time I wrote "James'" as opposed to "James's." He was old-skool so maybe
the difference between their use is regional?

Fun fun!

Joe