[NTLK] Message pad 130

Smith Woody woodysmith at me.com
Sun Apr 15 16:23:27 EDT 2012

Throughout my many years of Newton List  involvement I don't believe
that there is any one that I have cited more than Frank  Gruendel.
Whether it was his careful instructions for disassembly, repair or
step by step procedures I've relied frequently on his freely given
expertise.  And naming one person should not be taken as a slight to
the numerous developers and contributers that have made my Newton
experience a joy.
His repair services of eMate memory expansions and emate ribbon
repairs are well documented and beautifully executed. (International
shipping for objects such as this is very affordable).

Years ago I had a Frank Gruendel serviced 130 which was unfortunately
stolen before I had much experience with it.
But I have just received a another of his 130s with all preventive
service done.  Again his documentation and testing surpasses any
service provider of any kind that I've done business with.

Since its been a long time since i've used one, what packages do you
recommend.
I've tried Avi's backdrop but thought that it used too much screen
space.
any recommendations for must haves ?

Thank you
  Woody