[NTLK] Test

James Fraser wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 7 05:45:23 EDT 2012

Hello,

>I¹m sitting in a café in Bologna wondering why I I haven¹t seen any posts
>from NewtonTalk since I arrived on Wednesday.   Are we all simply going
>about our business with better things to do than post here, or am I having a
>problem getting mail from the group?

If you have WWW access as well as email (I know, not always a given), there's an
easy way to find out whether anyone is actually talking or if your hearing is at
fault (so to speak):

http://lists.newtontalk.net/pipermail/newtontalk/2012-April/

(This month's list archives)

If, like mine, your mail provider is more adept at providing comic relief than
your mail:

http://amplicate.com/hate/yahoo-mail

...it's the sort of thing you find yourself checking with (irk)some regularity.
: /

Alternately, you might also consider subscribing to the "compact" version of the
RSS feed for the list:

http://www.newtontalk.net/newtontalk.rss

...which, according to this:

http://newtontalk.net/rss/

>If all you want to do is pop in to see what’s going on, can use the RSS feed.
>The “compact” feed >includes the subject line, plus the first 100 characters of
>the latest 25 messages posted to the list.

...sounds fairly useful for the purpose of monitoring the list (unless, of
course, it isn't in your particular case). :^)

I'd ask if you were checking mail on your MessagePad (you know, just so this
post isn't a total loss), but we all know the answer to that one. : /

Best,

James Fraser