[NTLK] card copy

Forrest Buffenmyer newtonphoenix at mindspring.com
Mon Sep 19 12:30:36 EDT 2011

This is true. The Newton can't "copy" a card, like you can on a Mac or PC...when a card is inserted it tries to activate the packages and data found on it. When you insert another card you'd get many "duplicate package" error messages.

Okay, so why not install a BLANK card and copy to it? For the same reason...as soon as the Newton sees the new card with all it newly-copied packages and data, again, it will try to activate and open those packages. And, there you go again.

 "Any attempts to copy the same file results in the Newton disabling it"...from the "FrankenNewton--Reviving A MessagePad 2100" entry, found under "NewtTech" on my NewtonPhoenix website. There is a sort of workaround and a bit more information on a way to copy a card, found there: http://www.newtonphoenix.org . Please note that this is (unfortunately) not a Newton-friendly site, meaning it can't be accessed from one's Newton.

Thanks,
--Forrest

Sent from my First Generation iPad