[NTLK] another RIP view

Clu drclu at swbell.net
Sun Oct 9 07:39:25 EDT 2011

On 10/9/11 5:52 AM, Bob Carls Dudney wrote:
> "...the cumulative effect of all [Jobs'] ingenious electronic devices
> is to train the attention of a huge population narcissistically
> inward.
I think I was the exact opposite.  I was an introvert that became an
extrovert due to computers.   I had my own creative world, and for the
most part I kept to myself.   I learned to talk to people over the
computer (BBSs and all) and over time, when I met up with them (BBS
parties) I learned to talk to people better and better in person.

But on the computer initially was where I learned to converse, debate,
and so on.

So this statement might be true, but not in all cases.

Greg / Doc Clu