[NTLK] iPad1 and iPad2

J.M. Heinrichs minicapt1 at mac.com
Fri Oct 7 22:33:29 EDT 2011

1. The iPad2 adds 2 cameras, faster CPU, and existential skinniness to the original iPad package.
2. What will you be storing on the Pad? 25GB music and 8GB apps meant the 64GB for me. Older boys = more toys, etc.
3. Wi-Fi may be everywhere but it is quite static; and the availability of open nets is often curtailed. 3G is a nice to have until you really need it, such as in a hospital. You have three choices: full service at $50/mo; low usage at $15/mo, or sign on but purchase the $15 option when necessary.
4. The GPS option is part of the 3G package.
5. US Apple store:
	a. iPad2. 64GB w/3G + GPS		$829
	b. iPad2 64GB w/ Wi-Fi only		$699
	c. iPad2 (basic) 16GB + Wi-Fi	$499