[NTLK] Installing new fonts?

Max Smith maxmaxmaxmaxsmith at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 16:46:34 EST 2011

On Nov 29, 2011, at 4:29 PM, Warren Ockrassa wrote:

> I had a hunch I'd be limited to oldschool Mac tools. I've got no
> way to boot classic, even in
> emulation, any more. That means I'm rather a bit hosed, doesn't it?

You can't use SheepShaver or Basilisk?

> I've got a gut-level dislike of 'Casual' as a typeface.

"Casual" isn't exactly the best font ever, but I definitely prefer it
to the strange looking "Fancy" or "Simple" which seems to be an
imitation of the Ultra Light weight of New Helvetica. Of course
Monaco is on Newton, but I'm not sure anybody likes that dog.

At least its not Comic Sans.

> Hence my thinking that there should be a way to get new, more modern,
> readable typefaces on Newton.

I think this is a good idea, and since alas I do have several Macs
running OS 9 and below, I'd be happy to help/work on getting this to
work. It would be great to have some other fonts for reading books on
Newton.

Regards,
Max