[NTLK] The 120 arrived! Yay!

Warren Ockrassa wockrassa at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 15:56:06 EST 2011

And it even came with a 2 MB flash card. Empty, but what can y'do?

So I got it talking to my Mac with NCX via a Keyspan adapter, and got
the 2010 patch put on. This means I don't have to tell the 120 that
it's 2005. The OS version is 2.0, nice.

Now here's the fun part: Poll time!

What are the top five recommendations for:

1. System packages (things that, for instance, might start up an
instant NCX connection when I plug in the serial cable?)
2. Utility packages (memory cleaners, system goodies, widgets,
gewgaws, and whatnots?)
3. Writing packages (Works, I expect; any really slick third-party
note or writing packages?)
4. Drawing packages (same as above)
5. Goodies (I likes me my Mah Jongg and Solitaire - anything else that
really can't be missed?)

This is of course a highly subjective set of questions - I mean,
answers will be subjective - but that's half the fun of it. Besides,
given the HP calculatorgasms we seemed to experience over the last few
days, I'm pretty sure I can't go wrong with any suggestions anyone is
willing to offer.

Also, I have the eMate - I suppose similar questions might stand for
that, but I'm a little more wired about the 120 now. It's like I went
back in time 15 years. Except, oddly enough, my hair hasn't come back.
Whiskey tango foxtrot?

--
-- Warren Ockrassa | nightwares.com