[NTLK] Delurking and intro

Lord Groundhog LordGroundhog at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 05:02:52 EST 2011

~~~ On 2011/11/19 23:26, Andrei Chichak at newton at chichak.ca wrote ~~~

> It's like cars, PCs are from Dodge, Macs are from BMW, and HP calculators are
> from SAAB.

Interesting.  So what cars are *n*x-boxes from?  And Amigas?  And our
beloved Newts?  :-D

FWIW I connect Newtons with my old, stubbornly reliable 1967(?) VW 1600
Variant squareback -- in all the glory of its perfectly designed,
impressively compact, 240,000+ miles of stubbornly reliable service.
(This one isn't mine -- that died long ago -- but it looked like this:
http://tinyurl.com/co7uop6
 except in dark blue.)

But someone here might know a more appropriate car.
:-)

Shalom.
Christian

            -- ref.:  Arthur C. Clarke