[NTLK] Oh dear?

Tony Kan tony.kan at clear.net.nz
Fri Nov 4 20:01:37 EDT 2011

For me, it is a very simple but annoying symptom:  Upon rousing it from
sleep, it flicks back into sleep after a second or two.  Then I have to
slide the power switch again and then it works fine.  When it wakes up the
second time, it isn't a reboot with a message saying something like "all
power has been removed" or "batteries need recharging".

My biggest concern (at the time) was that it doubled the wear on the power
switch.  It happens with or without a pcmcia card inserted.

Ed & Andy, what NOS patch version are you using.  I'm using 711000.

Cheers

Tony Kan

Christchurch
New Zealand

[snip]
Could the contacts in the battery bay be dirty/not making good contact? My
thinking being that when you try to put a card in, with it on battery power,
it try's to draw more power but with the dirty contacts it can't and shuts
down instead. Kinda like how you can run the radio in your auto when the
battery terminals are super corroded but you can't actually start it (due to
the dirty terminals). Just a thought since you said you have no problem when
its plugged in, HTH.

Joe Reilly

Sent from my iPod Touch

On Nov 4, 2011, at 17:19, "Tony Kan" <tony.kan at clear.net.nz> wrote:

> Hi Andy
>
> Mine has started the same about 2-3 months ago and I thought it was just a
> software corruption somewhere.  I tried a backup and hard reset followed
by
> a full restore but the problem remained.  I have promised myself to do a
> hard reset and then do a fresh load of all software before restoring my
> precious Names and Dates soups but haven't had the time yet.
>
> It had better not be the beginning of the End.  Let's see if others report
> the problem because the fact that its happening to both of us around about
> at the same time might just be a coincidence.
[snip]