[NTLK] MessagePad 2000: newbie questions

Nic Malone nicmalone at mac.com
Thu May 26 17:43:13 EDT 2011

> On May 22, 2011, at 10:10, Nic Malone <nicmalone at mac.com> wrote:
> My MP20ALS artery pack cannot hold a charge.

> Maybe you need a bypass.
>
> Sent from my ?Brick...
> ;-]

Ha ha, yes the ipad's ability to correct mistakes that aren't there surpasses the Newton's handwriting gaffs.

> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 19:58:54 +0200
> From: "Frank Gruendel" <newtontalk at pda-soft.de>

>  could send you a card with a backup of an eMate including all the drivers along with the screws I'm going to send.

Thanks Frank. I've had success using the EEUnprotect route to get packages installed on the eMate onto the MP2000 via beaming.  Haven't managed to send email yet with Mail V but probably a MobileMe restriction (SSL?) or my router setup. The next thing I need to do is install the 2010Fix onto the MP2000. Can't do it via the eMate as it's a Newton model-specific package. I'll try installing via WiFi direct to the MP2000 using one of the OSX connection apps. If that doesn't work, maybe one of your cards with the MP2000 2010Fix package on it?

RE your battery recelling service. Yes, I'll take you up on that. It would cost me that much to get a soldering iron and batteries etc. And and get to keep an intact face and all ten digits. I'll email you for details.

Have good evening all!