[NTLK] MessagePad 2000: newbie questions

Rusty Miles Rusty.Miles at tn.gov
Mon May 23 17:45:46 EDT 2011

Hey Nic, I very recently ordered a "Newton to PC Serial Cable W/Dongle" from GEM Enterprises.

http://biz42.inmotionhosting.com/~jiment5/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

So recently in fact that I haven't gotten it yet.  I don't know if that would be an option for you or not as they are out of New Jersey in the USA.

Good luck from a fellow newbie,

Rusty Miles
Nashville, TN. USA

>>> "Tony Kan" <tony.kan at clear.net.nz> 5/23/2011 3:40 PM >>>
The other way is go by way of the bootstrapping loan card service.  If you
check the newtontalk archive, you should be able to find out who is offering
that.  Hopefully someone on your side of the atlantic can be found.

Cheers

Tony Kan

Christchurch
New Zealand

[snip]
Thanks! This worked for the Newton eBooks I had on the eMate but I couldn't
beam the NIE, Ethernet, ATA Card Support etc packages. Selecting them only
gave the option to delete them.  Guess I'll have to lurk around eBay for a
dongle.
[snip]