[NTLK] MessagePad 2000: newbie questions

Nic Malone nicmalone at mac.com
Mon May 23 14:45:30 EDT 2011

> Welcome! You've come to the right place.
Thank you Ron and Frank, it seems a great place to be (like the old Psion forums I was on in the 90's)

>  The first question is whether or not your 4MB card is eMate compatible (read-write) or is it read-only? I suspect the latter. No matter.
Indeed it is read-only on the eMate :-(

> You will find the best success if you simply install on the eMate first, and then Beam the packages to the 2000.

Thanks! This worked for the Newton eBooks I had on the eMate but I couldn't beam the NIE, Ethernet, ATA Card Support etc packages. Selecting them only gave the option to delete them.  Guess I'll have to lurk around eBay for a dongle.

> I think we are all hoping Newton Sales will come through with $40 AA battery trays. Not Cheap even at that price. However, he has suggested a lot more for them.
I think he's waiting for people to email him so he has an idea of potential sales before committing himself.

> If you haven't resolved this already, just let me know your snail mail
> address and I'll send you these screws free of charge.
Thank you Frank. I will!

>> Has any Newton user in the UK found a place that can re-cell the MP2000
> battery pack?
>
> An excellent place to do so is your kitchen table...
I have already read your guide to this. Might try it as I have nothing to loose (except maybe fingers, and they grow back, right?)

Cheers
Nic