[NTLK] Tantalum caps

jay stainbrook jaystainbrook at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 25 02:02:22 EDT 2011

Hi everybody.

I got my hands on a dead 2100 for the case and some other plastic goodies.  But when i took a look at the board, there was an obviously blown cap (C147).  So I replaced it, thinking it was keeping the Newton from powering up.  But it stayed dead.

So now I'm wondering - did my ham fisted soldering/de-soldering mess something else up?  Is it common for these caps to burst?  Anyone ever try to fix this?

It would be kind of neat if this "parts" newton could be made to run.

Jay Stainbrook