[NTLK] Einstein on Android - doing away with ARM emulation?

Matthias Melcher mm at matthiasm.com
Sun Mar 13 09:04:27 EDT 2011

On 13.03.2011, at 13:20, Abraham Limpo wrote:

> IIRC newton's ARM was a 26-bit address space design, while modern ARMS are
> full 32-bit... so probably will not be as easy.
>
> But I'm no hardware engineer, so I hope I'm wrong :)

No, NewtonOS 2 already uses the 32 bit feature of the SA110. I don't know about NOS 1 though.

All the ARM CPUs are quite compatible among each other. The NewtonOS is different in that it uses Big Endian mode instead of Little Endian mode as all the new ARM devices do. This is another, smaller Problem for the emulation.