[NTLK] EVERNOTE

R A Parker RAParker at Newted.ORG
Sat Mar 5 17:21:10 EST 2011

Hmmm…

If there is magic (to the degree if equating Evernote to a Newton) I have yet to experience it. The iPhone is, of course, revolutionary. And, Evernote uses this (already) revolutionary interface. But that's about it. Text notes are nothing special. Just plain text. An ugly choice of font, to boot. No inline images, no inline CSS, no inline HTML. Huh? Even the iPhone's email editor can do things like that and search it too

I think the biggest turn off with Evernote is the fact that they want $5 per month (or $45 a year) for a premium account. This severely limits my desire to use it.

For the one-time-upfront cost of $5, Trunk Notes allows all the magic Evernote claims and more. More magic: WiFi sharing and Dropbox sync. Image capture, storage, keyword tagging, geo-tagging with Maps support, plus image backups (to the cloud) using Dropbox.  WikiWords for internal page linking and full HREF support for external links. !! Snippets for automatic text expansion !! Now, that's magic !!

--
Sent using an iNewt Touch 3GS
--
    |\ |   @ TahoeSunsets.COM