[NTLK] Update: USB-001 orders

Eckhart Köppen lists at 40hz.org
Fri Mar 4 04:37:12 EST 2011

On 28. Feb, 2011, at 17:40, knowledge Navigator wrote:

> Hello, just an update to all of you whom preordered the usb-001.
> The orders will ship Tuesday morning from Sweden. Typical transit times to the USA are 6 working days.
> Note that this board is by design more sturdy and durable compared to the serial dongle destroyer board as there is no chance of any pin connections breaking with repeated removal/insertion of the USB cable.

I received mine yesterday, and it's definitely a huge step forward from the dongle/converter/slowdown/... mess you'd have to deal with otherwise. The ability to just plug in to any USB port is great!

I'm using the connector mostly with RDCL to upload packages and extract data, and it seems to work well at 115.2kbps.

It would be nice if the connector would be flush with the back of the Newton, and have the original plastic insert close the opening completely, but that's more aesthetics.

Eckhart