[NTLK] Low Battery Life on Messagepad 2000 (upgraded to 2100)

Smith Woody woodysmith at me.com
Sat Jun 11 20:13:04 EDT 2011

Welcome to Newton Talk

Yes These are causes, but If you are using it two days with backlight
on of six hours a day, you may not have a problem.
I seem to recall that the battery life in use should be about 17-18
hours.  Less with the backlight in use.  This was phenomenal in its
day and still not bad.
If I am using mine with backlight and wifi in use, I'll run batteries
down in an evening.

Open in/out and tap "i" to set Beam prefs.  the IR uses a lot of
power.  Un tic "Receive beams automatically" if it is selected.
go to Prefs and look at "sleep" set to shortest period you are
comfortable with.

Woody