[NTLK] USB-001 problems

Dennis Swaney romad at aol.com
Tue Jul 12 10:09:57 EDT 2011

Paul,
If you can email me the photo, I can look at mine. I finally got my
USB-001 working by buying another 2100; it turned out that the socket
on the logic board of my original 2100 was damaged.
Anyway, I'm also about to leave on a trip next Monday, July 18th, so
the sooner you can send it the better. I'll be back in town on August
3rd.

Dennis

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 10:16 PM, Paul Grothaus <paulgg at me.com> wrote:
> I guess I did a list no-no. I wanted advice concerning a USB-001 which I bought. I've tried everything that the seller recommends but cannot get it to work. I've tried it in two different mp2100s and with both NCX/MacOS 10.6.6 and NCU/Windows XP.
>
> Now for the no-no. I sent an earlier email to the list with a photo of the board. Received a message that it was too big and would be held for review by the list moderator (Grant?). I haven't heard and it hasn't been posted, so I guess it was rejected.
>
> I don't know much about circuit boards and chips, so perhaps I'm not using the correct term referring to what I call a "pin". I'm hoping someone (such as Frank G) with a better knowledge of these can answer my question.
>
> On the board, there are 14 pins along the top of the chip which are soldered to the board. Along the bottom of the chip, there appear to be only 13 soldered to the board. To me, it looks like the left-most pin along the bottom is bent at an angle and not connected. I'd appreciate it if someone with a working USB-001 could take a look at the photo and compare with their board.
>
> I'm traveling in Asia for the next month so my responses may be slow depending on my access to the net.
>
> Thanks,
> Paul
>
> Sent from my iPad

Sincerely,