[NTLK] eMate Hinge problem (no, not that one)

Mark Crutch mark.crutch at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 13:43:40 EDT 2011

> I'm in US.  If you don't get local offer I can send one.  The actual
> hinge broke not the wire springs, was there any other damage?

Thanks Woody. As far as I can tell it's just the arm of the hinge
that's sheared and there's no other damage. In this image, it's the
section on the right that protrudes downwards which has sheared across
its width:

http://www.inventors-emporium.co.uk/images/hinge-repair/Hinge-prior-to-repair-R.jpg

I haven't disassembled far enough to see what the spring is like, but
I don't think it's a problem. I have a couple of replacement ribbon
cables en route to add to the "Newton Spares" drawer, just in case.
Once I've got a replacement hinge/arm, I'll carry on disassembling to
replace the broken one, and will do the spring fix while I'm at it
anyway.

Assuming no more local offer surfaces, do you want any money for the
hinge? Obviously I'll cover any postage costs regardless.

Cheers,

Mark

--
"The Greys" -  a humourous sci-fi webcomic

Website      http://www.peppertop.com/
Facebook   http://facebook.com/TheGreysComic
Twitter        https://twitter.com/#!/TheGreysComic