[NTLK] Looking for an eMate guru.

Michael Caine big_kahuna_69 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 26 05:50:02 EST 2011

Hey, all:

So I bought an eMate, (two actually - first one had the punctured ribbon cable,
so I got it for free!), so that I could write my Great American Novel, but I
cannot establish a connection with my iMac (2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, OS
10.5.8).  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Peripherals include 3Com EtherLink card and cable, and a Keyspan USA-28XG serial
adapter.  I'm using Newton Connection Utility 1.3, but no connection.  Built-in
Ethernet shows activity when trying to dock, but eMate says it can't find a
computer.

What to do?

Again my inordinate thanks in advance.

Mike