[NTLK] FW: iFixit: Apple ¹ s Diabolical Plan to Screw Your iPhone

Robert Dylan Stewart robertdylanstewart at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 15:00:35 EST 2011

Why is this suddenly in the news again?  First time I heard about it was back in November, I think.

http://www.tuaw.com/2010/11/22/apple-retro-fitting-iphone-4s-with-tamper-proof-torx-screws/

It may have been known before then, but that's the earliest article I found.  The comments in that article point to several vendors from which you can purchase an appropriate five-pointed Torx driver.

It fascinates me that everyone is talking about this like it's a new thing.

--

 Robert D. Stewart	AC5ZH