[NTLK] eMate educational SW and HW fixes

Neal Sofge nsofge at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 23:05:13 EST 2011

Hello NewtonTalkers, I've got some eMate questions for you:

1) Can anyone recommend eMate-compatible educational software?  My
daughter's in first grade and I think this will be a perfect learning
aid for her, but until she's old enough to need the standard Newton
productivity apps we all love I'm hoping to turn her on to it with
something designed for her age level.

2) I have another eMate that's sat unused since the batteries died in
2006, but which I'd like to revive before my four-year-old hits
kindergarten.  How much are re-celled packs going for these days?

3) That eMate is factory-stock, with no hinge fix (but thankfully no
trouble either).  Is anyone still doing hinge fixes, and for how much?

Thanks in advance for your help.  Hopefully I can eventually get both
kids working with little green friends to hold them over until the
Dynabook finally becomes a reality.