[NTLK] [a little OT] Re: 2030

Lord Groundhog LordGroundhog at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 20:33:36 EST 2011

~~~ On 2011/01/22 01:13, R A Parker at RAParker at Newted.ORG wrote ~~~

Curious, can you disable the crystal accelerator between reboots? Is it
> possible that the crystal speed has an affect on the time/date?  HmmmŠ

As soon as I saw this thread I thought, 'what a cool Sci-fi story this would
make:  a guy mods his Newton by putting in a accelerator chip in it, and
voila! -- it starts up and says the year is 20 years in the future.  He
shrugs, writes an e-mail to NewtonTalk to see if anyone knows why, and goes
to the corner store for a newspaper.  His thoughts are still so buried in
the problem he doesn't notice anything around him, until he registers that
the guy behind the counter isn't the usual guy, and then he looks at the
newspaper.  The date is 2030.  April 23, 2030...'

And so it goes.  Right now my head is going off into some kind of Twilight
Zone mode (the original stuff).  I must need sleep!

Shalom.
Christian

            -- ref.:  Arthur C. Clarke

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4