[NTLK] What is the easiest way to get text files from an eMate to a Mac Mini running Mac OSX 10.6.5?

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Tue Jan 4 02:16:49 EST 2011

On Monday, January 3, 2011, Frank Gruendel <newtontalk at pda-soft.de> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Occasionally my offspring (henceforth referred to as "os") wants to print
> texts written on an eMate. Usually these texts are written in Works, but
> sometimes they are also written using Notes. Occasionally they contain
> drawings.

Honestly, the best way is to find yourself an older printer he can
print directly to. Any Apple LaserWriter would do, but my money would
be on an old StyleWriter II or maybe 2100. You want one that uses the
once-ubiquitous BC-01 or BC-02 carts. These have the added benefit of
being easy and cheap to refill (because they probably aren't cheap any
more).

I would do some research first of course. I would be tempted to give
you mine, but it's a US model, running on 110V, and hasn't been used
in years and years. :-( I'd be afraid of it causing you more problems
than help.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland