[NTLK] NewtonOS ROM Source Code

Rod Lavington rodlavo at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 02:48:21 EST 2011

The handwriting recognition has been the trickiest part since 1997...nobody
seems to have got it right since the last Messagepad.  This very average 7"
android tablet I'm using now is the perfect size for a Newton replacement.
Just the hwr is the stumbling block....

On 14/02/2011 3:30 PM, "Alexander Schreiber" <als at thangorodrim.de> wrote:

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 02:28:29PM +0800, Rod Lavington wrote:
> What would it take to grab somethin...
I would probably be less effort. The data sharing is already there on
the Android platform: an application can access data "owned" by another
application via well defined APIs provided by the later application
(assuming said later application provides them, of course). The hand
writing recognition would probably be the trickiest part.

Kind regards,
          Alex.
 looks like work."                                      -- Thomas A. Edison