[NTLK] List Archive prior to November 2009

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Fri Feb 11 12:09:14 EST 2011

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 4:29 AM, Andy Hill <adhill at fastmail.co.uk> wrote:

> 2. Looking at the searchable archives  without putting an entry in the
> search field the records seem to go back to 1996 but the large number of
> entries start in July and August 2001. The greatest activity seemed to
> be between 2001 and 2002 when there were between 2000 and 3000 entries
> per month,  then it gradually tailed off to 2005 when there were around
> 1000 entries per month, and then tailed right off to between 100 and 200
> entries per month since . Are these numbers a true reflection of the
> actual activity or will some not have been included?
>
> 4. Lastly....do you know when and how did the list come about? Was it
> created by a single person or a group, corporately supported or always
> through volunteers, how did it get going in the first place?

I'm a relative newcomer to the list (2005?) so Grant has more/better
answers. In an attempt to help you answer questions #2 & #4, I'll
point you toward "PART 3: GENERAL LIST INFO AND HISTORY" in the
NewtonTalk FAQ <http://newtontalk.net/faq>, specifically the "What
happened to Planet Newton running the list?" & "What the heck does
that mean??" sections. :)

Morgan
---
http://www.makkintosshu.com/