[NTLK] List Archive prior to November 2009

Grant Hutchinson splorp at mac.com
Thu Feb 10 21:41:33 EST 2011

On Feb 10, 2011, at 2:13 PM, Andy Hill wrote:

> I notice that the list archive page on Newtontalk says that the
> records
> prior to November 2009 are currently unavailable.
>
> Does anyone know when they will be available again?

I pulled the static archives back when the list moved to its current
server. The main reason was that many of the email addresses from the
list messages were not obfuscated very well. I wanted to regenerate
the static archives before reposting them.

We used hypermail to generate those static archives. Unfortunately,
the old version of hypermail wouldn't run on the new server and the
current version of hypermail has a major bug which stops it from
processing the larger archive files we have. Morgan and I have been
working on a solution when we have a few spare cycles.

So, yes ... the list archives will be available again at some point.

But, I can't say exactly when that will be.

g.

Grant Hutchinson
NewtonTalk List Dad & Web Custodian

http://splorp.com/newton