[NTLK] NewtonTalk Digest, Vol 27, Issue 38

Mark Crutch mark.crutch at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 17:18:21 EST 2011

> >Which I suppose raises a question for any Newton devs reading this -
> >is it possible to create new print formats for an existing app, or
> >would you end up having to write a whole app which reads the data from
> >the existing soup?
>
> It's not too difficult to create a new print format for a existing program.  Using Viewframe to
> read the actual implementation,  exporting code to the inspector,  and designing a new
> layout.  Which program are we talking about?  I can probably make a small tutorial
> showing how to do this.

It's the Names app. It was a follow up to a reply on my earlier post
which explains the reason for wanting this:

http://lists.newtontalk.net/pipermail/newtontalk/2011-December/007720.html

I'm not a Newton developer by any stretch of the imagination - though
I do have the "Developing for Newton with Macintosh" book, and have
managed to get 2/3 of the way through it on a couple of occasions
before my time was stolen away by other things. With a few pointers
I'd be happy to try having a go at this myself - though I wouldn't
suggest anyone hold their breath while waiting for me to produce
anything worthwhile.

Mark

--
"The Greys" -  a humourous sci-fi webcomic

Website      http://www.peppertop.com/
Facebook   http://facebook.com/TheGreysComic
Twitter        https://twitter.com/TheGreysComic