[NTLK] Top- or bottom-stored stylus?

Lord Groundhog LordGroundhog at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 09:38:58 EST 2011

~~~ On 2011/12/04 23:53, Ed Kummel at tech_ed at yahoo.com wrote ~~~

> Both of my HTCs have bottom stylus'.
> I've lost several, but they are exceedingly cheap, plus both phones came with
> extras.

Interesting point.  I hadn't noticed the bottom-loading stylus.  You say
they're cheap, but if the last 20 years teach us anything it's how quickly
that could change.  Once upon a time whenever I went into places like Office
World and Comp USA, I saw styli for the various PDAs on the shelves.  A very
few times in the late '90s I even saw Newton styli in independent stationery
shops and computer shops.  Not now.  Lose a stylus for your old Palm now and
you'll be searching the net.  And we all know how tricky it can be finding a
stylus for our MPs if we don't enjoy the pastel plastic variety.

What if the form-factor of your stylus vanishes from HTC's future plans?  In
3-4 years, you could be stylus-hunting, unless you're planning on replacing
the phone by then.  Top loading would put off the evil day.

Shalom.
Christian

            -- ref.:  Arthur C. Clarke

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4