[NTLK] Blue liberals, was Call for Einstein domain names

Matthias Melcher mm at matthiasm.com
Sun Dec 4 07:40:08 EST 2011

On 04.12.2011, at 00:32, Andrei Chichak wrote:

> So, is the blue liberal thing an Americanism? In Canada, the Conservatives are blue and the Liberals are red. Both of them would be economic and political left of the American parties, but then again, who isn't?

LOL.

Yes, in Germany, every party that has more than 5% of the votes will be part of the government somehow, even if that is a very active opposition in parliament. That makes our elections quite colorful: Black for what remotely maps to the Republicans, Yellow for the liberals (who managed to go form 9% to 1% in just three years - kudos!), Red for the social democrats, Green for the greens, orange for the pirates, and for the left and right wing, we reserved violet and brown, hoping that they will not rise over 5% (but the Left occasionally does).

But I think the trick that we still get something done in Germany, despite the colorful politicians, is, that we mostly ignore them... .

 - Matthias