[NTLK] The vexed question of Samsung ...

Lord Groundhog LordGroundhog at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 18:27:14 EST 2011

~~~ On 2011/12/03 22:17, J.M. Heinrichs at minicapt1 at mac.com wrote ~~~

> ... and that was it. I thought the system had trouble keeping up with the
> scribble, but that was all. Still not better than the iPod touch.

Well, it's not really better than anything much yet.   I suspect they didn't
get to the HWR because it's "not all that".  You apparently can sort of
scribble with it, but that's a long way from scribbling and then having that
scribble automagically turned into a typeface.

It was good that Samsung made the screen sensitive both to finger and
stylus, but there's work to be done there.  It has some interesting
possibilities, but their implementation looked twitchy and laggy in the
video.  Having said that, the thing that stood out for me was that dual
sensitivity.  I took it as a demonstration that perhaps in the future we
won't have to be limited to choosing either finger or stylus function.  The
better iteration of that screen plus Einstein could be fun!

Shalom.
Christian

            -- ref.:  Arthur C. Clarke

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4