[NTLK] Notepad that isn't for NOS

Tony Kan tony.kan at clear.net.nz
Sat Dec 3 16:32:30 EST 2011

That's what you'll get for 4:40am local time! :)
[snip]
On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 8:43 AM, Tony Kan <tony.kan at clear.net.nz> wrote:
> Hi Warwick

Warwick? Nay. Wicket W. Warrick. ;)

> Scroller:
> http://www.unna.org/view.php?/utilites/notes_enhancements/Scroller
> NotesSlider is another scroller:  http://newton.tek-ed.com/
[snip]
In 'typewriter' mode, the input line stays centered in the view. Below
it, all there is to see is the empty document window. Above it, of
course, is your text you've entered so far. It adds a typewriter like
feel to the document, and for some reason it's a much more satisfying
way for me to write. Apparently I'm not the only one - a lot of
writers' tools are beginning to add that view style now.

That's sort of what I have in mind for Newt. Something that is smart
enough to keep the active input part of a note (or notelike text) in
the upper half of the screen, leaving the lower half clear for me to
keep scrawling my chicken scratch. That way I don't have to stop and
scroll down.
[snip]

Can't think of anything that does that :0

> BiggerNotes:
http://www.kallisys.com/files/newton/Utils/BiggerNotes-1.0.zip

Oho. You tha' bomb. Thanks!
[snip]