[NTLK] Memory limits on NewtonPress ebooks

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Sat Aug 27 14:20:41 EDT 2011

On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 8:07 PM, Nic Malone <nicmalone at mac.com> wrote:
> The Newton says it has run into a memory problem. I install the books on a card with at least 500MB left after the book is installed, and have about 1.3MB system memory left. Is this just a limit on MP2000s? Would a MP2100 be better able to handle it?

Well, considering I have all three of the LOTR trilogy on my MP2100,
and had them on my 130, and read each with no problem, I would have to
say that either MP2000's pitiful memory is _really_ pitiful, or maybe
the books you are making are too memory intensive (lots of chapters?).
If you can get a 2100 for a reasonable price, and want to read a lot,
you really want the 2100, IMO.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland