[NTLK] Hi Newton users, question about the best way to go for getting connected

Scott Hoffman hoffo at gmx.com
Tue Aug 23 19:51:00 EDT 2011

Hi!
      I agree that using the Keyspan adapter is probably the easiest and most reliable connection.  When I was first getting started I had no end of trouble with that method, however.
       If you have access to a PowerBook G3 with a functioning IR port, may I suggest the Newton DIL test package.  I was able to get my 2000U set up and running and packages installed successfully with little trouble.  I can't remember the other package I'd used to do the same, but IR worked great.
        Then again, if you had a WallStreet you could also just hook the serial cable up directly without the need for an adapter.
        Best of luck!
        Take care, and stay green!
        Scott
        hoffo at gmx.com