[NTLK] [OT] PowerBook G3 no boot issue

Kate Brooks kbrooks at uvic.ca
Tue Aug 16 16:36:11 EDT 2011

Hi Scott, I had the exact same experience dusting off my old
Wallstreet.... the green light blinks but the power button just
triggers the fan and a kind of vroom sound but no boot. I removed the
dead battery and booted fine from the power supply only -- putting
the battery back causes it to fail again.

So a new battery will likely do the trick unless there's a problem
with the wiring ... in the meantime just remove the old battery and
boot using the power supply with an empty battery bay...

good luck,

Kate