[NTLK] How can one start 3 instances of slowdown.exe in a batch file under Windows XP?

Frank Gruendel newtontalk at pda-soft.de
Tue Aug 16 16:33:27 EDT 2011

Hi folks,

lazy as I am, I just had the brilliant idea of writing a batch file instead
of clicking slowdown.exe thrice and ncu.exe once whenever I want to connect
my Newton. Unfortunately, this doesn't work. The batch file starts the first
instance of slowdown and waits until it is closed. Only then is the second
instance started. I tried

a) writing only the command in the batch file

slowdown.exe
slowdown.exe
slowdown.exe

b) Using call

call slowdown.exe
call slowdown.exe
call slowdown.exe

c) Writing a batch file that calls slowdown.exe and calling the batch file
thrice

call slowdown.bat
call slowdown.bat
call slowdown.bat

None works. In all cases the second instance is only started after first
instance closed.

If you double-click slowdown under XP, it's not a problem to start it as
often as you want.

As a side note: Is anybody aware of a way to start slowdown with the
controls dragged all the way to the right?

Thanks

Frank