[NTLK] (no subject)

Tony Kan tony.kan at clear.net.nz
Thu Aug 11 17:15:03 EDT 2011

Whoever had it before you may have bought and paid for various apps.

Hard resetting without backing up first would lose them and then you don't
get a chance to explore what they can do for free.

OTOH you might have a technical reason for wiping it because something is
making it go really slow or causing it to crash.

You can change the Owners Info if you are annoyed that the previous owner's
name pops up in things, though some apps use the Owner's name as the seed
key for their unlock codes.

HTH

Cheers

Tony Kan

Christchurch
New Zealand

[snip]
Hello. I am a newbie to NewtonTalk and am getting an eMate 300 very soon. I
was wondering... What would happen to the eMate i'm getting if I was to do a
hard reset? (I'm getting it through ebay)?
[snip]