[NTLK] Extremely negative experience dealing with Newtonsales.com

Dale Raby daleraby at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 14:11:39 EDT 2011

Mostly I do exhibitions for children, but yes, there are blacksmiths
who make a living at it.  I am not one of those, though.  For me it's
a hobby that I make a little side money on.

On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 11:22 AM, Lord Groundhog
<LordGroundhog at gmail.com> wrote:
> ~~~ On 2011/04/30 17:01, Dale Raby at daleraby at gmail.com wrote ~~~
>
>> This is
> universally true whether one is a prostitute, a blacksmith, or
> physician.  (Yes, I am ONE of the three... take your pick!)
>
> Dale, is there still much call for blacksmiths up your way?  ;-)
>
> Seriously, one of the first things I observed when I joined this list in
> 2005 was that KN/Ferdi was not universally beloved or trusted.  I guess the
> saying "you pays your money and you takes your choice" should really be
> turned around:  you take your choice *before* you pay your money.
>
> I feel for you, Aaron, and I find it really, really odd (and just a tad
> unsettling) that PayPal would side with anybody against the word of someone
> like Canadapost.
>

> Shalom.
> Christian
>
> ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
>
> ³Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a Newton.²
>            -- ref.:  Arthur C. Clarke
>
> http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4
> (With thanks to Chod Lang)
> http://tinyurl.com/29y2dl
> http://www.diyplanner.com/node/3942

> Fight Spam.  Join EuroCAUCE: http://www.euro.cauce.org/
> Get MUGged and love it: http://www.oxmug.org/
> Join today: http://www.newtontalk.net/

"Nothing is ever so bad that it couldn't be worse, and if it could be
worse than it is, then maybe its not so bad!"