[NTLK] Did Anyone Ever *Use* RCU?

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Wed Apr 20 20:44:04 EDT 2011

On 4/20/2011 8:19 PM, Steve Craft wrote:
> Looking for a copy of NCU for Windoze, I forgot about RCU. Did anyone ever
> get good mileage out of that tool?

I did a bit, and in some ways it could do far more than NCU as it could
read and modify data in real time from your desktop.  The downside was
that it had a bad Y2k issue that caused it to be killed as year 2000
rolled around as the company did not want to spend the resources to fix
it as the Newton was a dead platform by that time.  The Mac version
continued for a while longer as it did not have the same issues.

I don't know the specific issues with y2k it had, I just recall that it
did have them.  A real shame too, it was a good utility.

And btw UNNA has NCU for windows and Mac as well.
http://www.unna.org/view.php?/apple/connection_utils

-Dan