[NTLK] encrypting works

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Tue Apr 19 22:44:32 EDT 2011

On 4/19/2011 6:20 PM, Grant Hutchinson wrote:

> I haven't tried this, but I wonder ...
>
> Could you use Super Notepad to password protect a folder and then
> store Works documents in that folder?
>
> g.

Nope, it only protects the data that is in the notepad.  Globally the
folder is still accessible to file for other soups.

The closest thing I have found so far is Protekt from Stand Alone, that
will make a package request a password before it runs.  But I am looking
for something more secure than that.

One workaround that might be feasible is use works for the data entry,
then use route to works to move it to notepad and encrypt it there.  But
I would still prefer something in works itself.

I am surprised that there isn't a package that does this.  The way the
packages can share data and route it around, seems odd that no one had
added encryption option that works for any package that can use routing.

GeekSafe  (which is open source) was to have encryption added for its
soup, but that never came to be (at least that I know of).  Another data
item I would like to have more security on.

-Dan