[NTLK] Repair/replace main board of a 2100?

Dennis B. Swaney romad at aol.com
Sun Apr 10 16:41:19 EDT 2011

I discovered that the J6(?) connector on my 2100 seems to have a
defective socket #2. In it I only see 1 contact while in the other 31
sockets I see 2 contacts. Since this is the socket that the USB-001 and
SER-001 boards use, I can't use them. Is it worth seeing about either
replacing the socket, replacing the entire board, or replacing the
entire MP 2100? I can still use the Interconnect Port Adapter, and
Keyspan USA-28X USB adapter with the 6 foot long Mac serial cable to
connect to my iMac.

BTW, anyone have a shorter Mac serial cable, say 1.5 to 2 feet?
--
Sincerely,
Dennis B. Swaney

Newton MP 2100