[NTLK] Storage card specifications

Bradley Loeding bradley.loeding at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 17:12:45 EDT 2011

Thanks Rusty,
Actually, I read the March post just a few minutes after I hit send. I
really should search the archives more often before posting...

My thoughts on your power question:
Assuming the SRAM card's battery capacity is the same as a 3V button cell,
roughly 180mAhr, and you are using four 1800mAhr NiMH's in your MessagePad;
we can get some VERY rough estimates.

Synchrotech states a battery life of around 5 months for general use. That's
about 3600hrs, which would yield a draw of no more that about 50 uA from the
SRAM. Compare this to the MessagePad max possible draw of about 42.9 mA if
it were to last 7 days on AA juice.

The percentage of the SRAM's draw to the combined total draw is around 0.1%,
so you shouldn't notice the difference. More SRAM links for the interested:

Still insane prices for higher capacity cards, unfortunately:
http://www.magicram.com/rechargeable-sram-pc-card

A 16MB card, holy crap! Let's not ask about pricing. I believe the 3.3V/5V
write/erase also makes this one incompatible with the MessagePad:
http://www.pretec.com/products/industrial-products/item/industrial-memory-cards/sram-card

-Bradley