[NTLK] Storage card specifications

Rusty Miles Rusty.Miles at tn.gov
Wed Apr 6 17:47:49 EDT 2011

I had posted a question about attribute memory back in March and understood the response from Tony & Dan to be that the Newton required the attribute memory to hold the CIS (Card Information Structure).  Here is the post http://lists.newtontalk.net/pipermail/newtontalk/2011-March/005873.html

I also was under the impression that if one was running a NOS less than 2.0 (i.e. 1.0 thru 1.3) that you had to use SRAM cards, those Newtons wouldn't read anything else.

Could someone confirm this or correct me if I'm wrong?

Thanks,
Rusty

>>> Bradley Loeding <bradley.loeding at gmail.com> 4/5/2011 7:34 PM >>>
Hmm... $250 for an 8MB SRAM card is expensive, but not break-the-bank
expensive. If you get one, let us know how much better the larger SRAM card
performs vs linear flash.

Synchrotech SRAM with or w/o 8K attribute, that is the question.
I'm thinking with...

Regards,
Bradley