[NTLK] Storage card specifications

Bradley Loeding bradley.loeding at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 23:35:07 EDT 2011

The theoretical value would be in the access time. Static RAM can be
accessed at around 10-20ns, about 5-6 times as fast as flash, and the write
time blows flash out of the water.

But, I say theoretical because real word performance would need to take into
account the latency in the other parts of the Newton's subsystem. As I've no
experience with SRAM storage in a Newton, it would be interesting to find
out if it improved the user experience with many packages installed at all.

Don't get me wrong, I'd never pay that much for one, or pay retail at all,
but "break-the-bank" for me means out of reach. If you can afford an iPhone,
you could afford one of these if you were so inclined...

Don't just think of it in terms of dollars per MB... "Do it for you
yourself. Do it for your family." :)
Sorry, I just finished watching Repo Men with Jude Law.

-Bradley