[NTLK] eMate questions

R A Parker RAParker at Newted.ORG
Tue Sep 21 10:11:07 EDT 2010

Check out i++ and WittyKeys:

<http://www.tl-it.de/newton/pages/index.php?lang=e>

WittyKeys allows you to re-program "unused" key combinations to do many nifty tricks.

i++ is an customized (hierarchical) Apple-like Menu for the eMate or (especially useful) for the MessagePad's 'i' menu.

Next, upgrade to a 4MB RAM card. It's a good speed-boost and the extra internal storage is nice, too

Buy yourself a good PCMCIA to CF-II adapter. Purchase a 1GB or 2GB 155x (high speed) CF card. With ATA support on your eMate and 2100, you will have easy Read/Write access to a PC Card storage medium that can move data back and forth.

WiFi works well on an eMate. But functionality can be limited due to storage limitations. Still, it's worth getting.

--
Sent using an iNewt 3G Touch.
--
   |\ |   @ TahoeSunsets.COM