[NTLK] Hello - returning to the list & MP 2000 internet, questions (Lloyd A. Conway)

Lloyd A. Conway ssgconway at juno.com
Mon Sep 20 20:49:21 EDT 2010

Woody,
      Your advice (thanks), along with some tech support from Joe at
Fastermac.net resulted in success.  I'm on Drudge right now and the
State of Michigan website worked, too.  Joe directed my to the use of
Google DNS servers - 8.8.8.8 being one - as a good way to get on,
however, not with their dial-up.  It worked with www.dialinfreenet, , so
I can report that their dial-up meets the Newt standard.
(Dialinfree.net which offers free internet access statewide.)  My next
project is to contact the Genessee Freenet and see if theirs is
old-school enough for Newt-netting.)
      Now, on to that Airport refugee WaveLAN Silver card...
Regards,
-Lloyd

"As Tony mentioned you need a dial up service that doesn't require that
you have SSL or log in through an HTTPS site.
Getting rare.
There are a number of newton users that are active and living in Mich.
If I were in your situation I would look at
1)getting a Newton interconnect to pc serial cable see
<http://www.jksalesinc.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=25_37_48>and a
KeyspanUSA-19HS Serial to USB expect $30 on ebay.  This will work with
either Mac or PC...."

Good luck
Woody"

(Sorry for the earlier msg. w/unspecified subject line... mea cupla!)