[NTLK] NewtonTalk Digest, Vol 12, Issue 29

Lloyd A. Conway ssgconway at juno.com
Mon Sep 20 19:36:28 EDT 2010

Woody,
      Your advice (thanks), along with some tech support from Joe at
Fastermac.net resulted in success.  I'm on Drudge right now and the
State of Michigan website worked, too.  Joe directed my to the use of
Google DNS servers - 8.8.8.8 being one - as a good way to get on with
their dial-up.  It worked, so I can report that their dial-up meets the
Newt standard.  (The other service I tried, which offers free internet
access statewide, din not work.  My next project is to contact the
Genessee Freenet and see if theirs is old-school enough for Newt-netting.)
      Now, on to that Airport refugee WaveLAN Silver card...
Regards,
-Lloyd