[NTLK] Using Newton - Simple Pleasures

Lord Groundhog LordGroundhog at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 18:31:37 EDT 2010

~~~ On 2010/11/01 00:05, Bob Adamson at adamson at aol.com wrote ~~~

> I have seen rumors that the iPad will become available in two smaller sizes.
> One is supposed to be 7".  If this is true, and with Apple all is speculation,
> nevertheless, it would be about the same form factor as the Newton.  Albeit,
> much thinner.  If this happens, and IF handwriting recognition becomes as good
> as the Newton, we may all have our dreams come true.  Wouldn't that be
> incredible?  Color, portability, wifi, 3gs, and hwr.  Can you say "died and
> gone to heaven?"

I *can* say it, Bob, but without the Newton's data integration I'm more
likely to say "died and waiting at the Pearly Gates to see if I'll be let
in".   :-)

To my way of thinking, as amazing as my Newton is at reading my handwriting,
the other aspect of it I rely on is the way it lets me integrate everything
without making a song and dance out of it.  The only other place that
happens is in my own brain, and as I get older I expect that to become more
unreliable.  But I reckon Newt is practically as old as I am in computer
years, and shows no sign of becoming confused and forgetful.  And as I say,
all my data play nicely together.

Can't beat that with a stick.

OTOH, if somehow They give us an iPad that gives me HWR **and** Newton-like
data integration, one of the first things I'll do after I buy an iPad is go
to the Apps Store and download iWings, iHalo, iHarp and iCloud.  ;-)

Shalom.
Christian

            -- what Arthur C. Clarke meant

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4